PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Phone 6 question.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 11:13
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks mixture, much food for thought.

I don't want to hijack the thread so will try to keep to the point, though I'll just mention I'm ever increasingly reliant on KeePass for the plethora of passwords one is required to have these days. Them saying even the NSA can't break it seems to me to be a challenge to bright young minds.

So, is it worth paying for ix when there are so many cheap alternatives? I know it's akin to the old Mac v PC argument, but there must be more to it than just buying a Rolls v a Ford.

Jail Breaking. I know there's a distinct difference, but my phone was unlocked with the blessing of T-Mob in the US. (we did a lot of business with them then) It enabled me to use the phone in the UK with a simple change of SIM leaving my phone lists - but oddly changed as mentioned earlier. Note: T-Mob (EE) in the UK are a different company! It seems Jail-braking is all to do with delving into the inner workings of the OS and opening it to third party software. This I hadn't realized.

This I found interesting, especially the American law re Apple's right to refuse (or not) the warranty after jail-breaking.

Jailbreaking (iOS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia