PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Win 7 - Computer will not start after 'starting windows.'
Old 14th Sep 2014, 10:15
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Win 7 - Computer will not start after 'starting windows.'

A good friend, a well known ppruner, has been helping me but even he is flummoxed and suggests Google. Done that and continued trying but to no avail. Plenty of ideas to use downloads but how you are supposed to use them with no screen and a non-working machine I don't know. A lot of them in fact.

To begin:
Had an overnight start and when I got to the machine it was a bit warm, not hot, but the PSU had left this world.

Replaced that, connected the new one but have not got passed 'starting windows.' When and IF I got into safe mode the amount of files varied from a few to a page full - waited on one occasion for 30 minutes to see if the files showed but they never did.

Tried putting my Win7 disc in a dvd drive but it didn't even show it was there let alone give me a chance to do all you can do with it working.

Tried the BIOS and starts were never quite the same each time.

A warning that CMOS time and date were out happened a few times but corrections did not include a day change, that only served to stop any kind of start up.

There is a lot on Google about what to do but not much of a help when you can only think - I wish!

My hard drives are all working as far as I can tell. Certainly, they show up as such in BIOS, I find SATA connections iffy but with a push now and again they seem OK.

Right now its a PITA.

Any ideas to get past Starting Windows? It has been doing that without problem since I first installed W7 2-3 years ago. I have a dual core AMD and 2gb of RAM

This my laptop btw.