PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA North Western Australia
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2014, 07:09
PetetheGreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Broome

To all that wish to learn a thing or two about BAS from the horses mouth.

1. BAS has hired all types of nationalities, ie American, Dutch, Italian, German, Russian, Indian, Pacific Islanders, British, and many others, and YES one Greek, (the truth). I am Australian, and I have Greek Cypriot parents (fact), One thing I am not is a racist however @the_rookie get a life and enjoy what Australia offers everyone, the freedom and opportunity among a million other things that we take for granted.

2.This thread was sent to me from a bloke who is now flying a big shiny jet, but when he first came to BAS he was flying a C182 and a C210. The industry works if you WANT it to.

3. If you are serious about getting employed, everyone inevitably gets a job, but don't wait for one, get off your backside and get one.

4. BAS has moved forward, I took over in 2006 and back then we had 2 full time employees and now I am proud to say that we have 50 great people employed. So if perception is that we are undercutting, then I will accept that, however competition is what it is. This is for you @yr right. I will not be able to help you in economics however you may be able to attempt a little math.

5. At BAS we hire the person first then we look at the skill set.

Enjoy

Peter