PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th May 2003, 23:37
eightway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug,

Beg to differ but there are 5 people I know who are all on upgrade courses and they have all been here just over 1 year. The call is that all the accelerated commands will be used up by the end of next year. I am one who has been by passed as I fly the Boeing. All the above joined after me and are personally known to me. There is no logic in why they have done it that way but we have to accept it. The 6,000 hours was put into place because of Gulf Air. There have also been alot of people passed over this year who all fit the bill. We are however talking a couple of months here not years. This year is the Airbus year, the Boeings turn comes next year.

You say may get a command with 6000 hours and previous command. Like any job though the proviso is that you make the grade. At the bottom of the bid pile I get usually what I want. But then depends what you bid for. Finally Rev might be an idea to keep the 2 gentlemen in question close to your heart. Not good to air that in public or private. Unless you were involved.....