PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice One Tayside
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2014, 08:27
KayKay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxred – As Piperboy says this is the wrong forum for this. We are getting a long way off the aviation theme. It’s partly my fault because I widened it out. However I’ll respond as briefly as I can. “Bright, fairer and richer”. Bright ? …..even Alex can’t control the weather. Fairer ? – I don’t feel like a victim of unfairness. Going by Jim Sillars’ comments yesterday about punishing companies who speak against “Yes” I don’t think fairness would come into it, in the brave new world of an independent Scotland. Richer ? We are just starting to pull out of the financial crash of 2008. A yes vote would set us back again for years. The turmoil of extracting Scotland from the UK would take several years. Maybe, just maybe, after 20 years Scotland might be back to the level of prosperity it has now. However I’ll be 88 by then and probably won’t care, if I’m around at all. UK is one of the most stable, secure democracies in the Western world. It has some significant flaws but it is a tolerant society and a pleasant place to live, standing comparison with any other country. I’ve yet to hear a good reason why we should destroy it.
I said I would be brief ……….I promise I’ll stick to aviation in future.