PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK MAA Augmented!
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2014, 06:35
Kenai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any of those destinations South and Eastern India are awful, small and hazardous airfields when you're in a fatigued/tired condition.
VOMM - MAA- RWY 07/25 - 12000 ft, ILS on both sides. Pretty much low level MSA all around. Hardly a hazardous airfield.

VOHS (HYD), VOBL (BLR), VOCI (COK), VOTV (TRV) all of these have minimum 10000 ft runways.

VOCL (CCJ) can be a tricky one due to its table top runway and the slope however it has ILS on both sides for the past couple of years.

Couple of other destinations EK does not operate to...VOML, VOGO...they are just about OK...but nothing like Kabul or Kathmandu!

The only common factor I see is that all these are night turnarounds. Would they be hazardous airfields if they were layover destinations instead?

Monsoon is another thing all together though, but then it's almost the same as you would face in KUL BKK and MNL.

Well it's good EK are atleast giving you an augmented crew....we poor guys in the LCCs are used to these destinations as a night turnaround....always. ...what can i say...grass is greener on the other side syndrome?

Ofcourse I agree if these were day flights things change dramatically with regards to fatigue.