PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2014, 01:33
Seamin Stains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COPA Comedy Airlines

Having started the interview process in March 2014.
I did not hear anything for approximately 4 months, then a late night email to show up in PTY the next day for a meeting with the Psycho. Psychologist and her over worked and by polar assistant. I can attest personally that everything i experienced during my two tours to PTY are 100% in line with what was said by Peter Rojas and others that i met and spoke with personally while in PTY

I have noted that most of the South American and Mexican pilots will complain under their breath in Spanish about the Panamanian attitude towards everyone. But as has been seen here will not be identified.
Because they know that this is as good as it gets for them.

6 months later i have not been notified by COPA whether i have passed or failed,slipped thru the cracks you say? However as for me my ship has sailed. And even if i were offered a job at this stage would i go back to them.

I was warned of this Panamanian while i was there, and my good friends who were forma COPA Captains, and now,are now inspectors with the Panamanian CAA and who actually over see COPA operations on the B737 and E190 also cautioned me about the attitude of COPA Management toward the pilots.

So for those who cannot do any better than COPA. then this is your future. And for those who want to do better, then you need to look beyond COPA.

Wishing you a Happy Landing.
S. Stains
HMS Bona Venture.