PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT bought by BFC (official)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2002, 23:54
Fogbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SFT bought by BFC (official)

The former SFT has been bought by the owners of Bournemouth Flying Club, I have been told by a highly reliable source.. .. .They plan to start trading in about 4 weeks (towards the end of April) offering modular ATPL courses. This is nothing new for BFC as they already have a booming school in its original locale, but they will be filling the ground studies training gap left by the former PPSC.. .Interviews for ground school instructors have been taking place today with a view to offering a comprehensive ground school syllabus to a high standard.. .. .They are intending to purchase 2 more Duchess aircraft for multi engine training along with the existing fleet of of aircraft already owned by BFC.. .. .Plans are afoot to equip the school with simulators which comply with the 2004 legislation regarding 180 degree visuals, a welcome prospect to all those of us who have been stuck in tin boxes for the majority of our sim training.. .. .As far as I am aware there are no plans to merge the BFC we have come to know and love with their new venture, but they will continue operating from their original site in parallel with their new premesis.. .. .The training that will be offered i am sure will be excellent as there is a vast wealth of aviation experience backing the proposal.. .. .I wish them luck and look forward to seeing this latest development at Bournemouth International Airport unfold.