PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leicester training org and very well respected FI (E) part company
Old 12th Sep 2014, 16:43
wickednorthernwitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Slander - I never said a word!

"whodictus" is correct in stating that they were paid unlike the previous company that had the contract when getting paid became an issue. I believe, happy to be corrected if wrong, someone was paid all the money owed as knowledge is power. The issue with the Leicester based company is the amount paid.

Just because something is "old hat" does not mean it is not true but that is in my opinion. The person that I know was due to have his OPC on 30 March but his last working day was 7 January 2014. That is almost 3 months and not 3-4 weeks! If "whodictus" is a pilot I hope that their maths is better when calculating pilot things as a third of a tank of fuel will not take you as far as a full tank! If "whodictus" is running a company then I would expect there to be major financial discrepancies unless their maths improve!

"crazybroadsword" I always find it better to pay for things on credit card as it gives you extra protection. With a debit card you can request a "chargeback" in certain circumstances.

The person I know started with the Leicester based company on short notice with a verbal contract and the promise of a written contract to be forthcoming. The issue of hours flown versus hours paid were not a problem as they would be rectified once on "contract". Unfortunately he was very naïve to believe that a handshake meant something between ex-service personnel.

His finishing with them coincided with an email from the company stating " ....... we need to pull the finger out at this time of year or I'll find someone who will". This was in response to an email from the customer (a large National utilities company) "...... you can be on the pipeline until last light and land by last light + 30minutes ....... if its daylight you fly". Daylight being 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset

I would interpret this as "commercial pressure". Maybe I am wrong and I am happy to be corrected.

If my memory serves me correctly when operating VFR the pilots are "supposed" to be able to see certain distances both vertically and horizontally and cannot fly VFR if they cannot SEE, the clue is in the title Visual Flight Rules. I would be interested to learn how many pilots think that it is routinely acceptable to fly low level after sunset in the depth of winter - those that fly VFR in fog need not respond (and they are out there!)