PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2014, 15:31
Gustavo_CDT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not everything said here is true, always remember that. Some people are very happy and some people hate it, the thing is where do they come from. If you come from flying a small airplane, barely getting paid, and this is your first time in the airlines it's a great place to be. Some Americans and guys from other countries come here expecting the type of benefits the airlines offer back home, and they forget they are not home, and they also forget that Copa offers better benefits than most of the airlines in South America.

You will get 1500$ a month, you will only have to pay for your food as the training housing has everything. The contract says that after the simulator you have 30 days to find a place of your own, and you will get 1100$ extra for per diem, plus the representation expenses for the ATP (Right after you have your commercial you can do your ATP, no need to wait). It is true the training can take about 10 months, and most of the time you will be free in Panama, if you are smart you will spend your free time home.

As for me I am very happy. In training I'm getting paid 3 times more than in my last job flying 80hrs in a widebody jet every night, on call with no schedule. So for me Copa has great benefits, others might think different.