PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying school loses my PPL examination records - what to do?
Old 12th Sep 2014, 14:30
keith williams

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
My exams were given and marked by the fat bird on reception who's sum knowledge about aircraft was that's a red one and that's a blue one
And she probably came far closer to complying with the standards document than most "qualified" Ground Examiners or FI's do. Quite simply because she wasn't in a rush to go off flying.

Or the student sits in front of a computer and does the test and the result is shown on the screen.
Meanwhile, back in the real world the CAA have said that they do not intend to extend the online ATPL system to include the PPL. So the best that can be hoped for is that the CAA get the schools to sharpen up their acts.

Why isn't the "fat bird" qualified?
The situation is even dafter than you might think. The fact that Standards Document 11 refers to the AOPA Ground Instructors Certificate, implies that some form of training or qualification is required to be a PPL Ground Instructor. But no such qualification is required to become an ATPL Ground Instructor. If that isn't straight out of "Alice In Wonderland" then I don't know what is.

Getting back to the problem faced by the OP in this thread, if the situation really is as stated, then his school appears to have failed in their duties as specified in Standards Document 11. The fact that many other school also fail on a daily basis does not change this fact. The job of tracking down the missing results should be done by the school. They should then take a close look at Standards Document 11.