PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB Report A109E accident at Vauxhall, and Inquest Verdict
Old 12th Sep 2014, 07:19
John R81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAIB report - comments included in the newsletter of a London firm of lawyers. They concentrate on the recommendations of AAIB.

new email1

I find the recommendations to the DOT most interesting:

* Implement a mechanism, compliant with Regulation (EU) 73/2010 and UK law, for the formal reporting and management of obstacle data, including a reporting requirement for newly permitted developments;

* Implement measures that enable the CAA to assess, before planning permission is granted, the potential implications of new obstacles for airspace arrangements and procedures; and,

* Remind the relevant authorities to notify the CAA: (i) where planning permission for developments which include obstacles is granted; (ii) about obstacles not previously notified; and, (iii) about obstacles previously notified that no longer exist.

* (A similar recommendation applies to the Scottish Government reminding the relevant Scottish planning bodies)

The second of these addresses something that I did find rather odd - current law requires CAA to consider only the approach / departure LHR and LCY when considering planning applications for tall buildings in that area, not the Battersea Heliport or H4.