PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 11th Sep 2014, 22:20
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you live in a sh1t part of Scotland? I also live in Scotland, in an affluent part alongside many professional, intelligent, capable and dare I say it - capitalist neighbours.
Actually my old China, I live in a small part of Scotland that was once amongst the richest in Europe, if the not the planet. I also partake my morning Sauna with a number of JR Ewing types, that carry their wages round in Bentley's and Maseratis...and yes, they are all voting no as you point out. But I also work with a lot of young professionals, all of whom are voting yes...so the idea that the votes swings around a person's net worth is poppycock. Age is a massive factor in this referendum (the deciding factor in fact) which is why, if not this time, then next time.

I can honestly say that I haven't met a single Scottish member of the RAF and RN who will be voting 'yes'
I guess you don't have the same ex wet MAEOp on FB as me then...not only is he voting yes, he is trumpeting the propaganda with a passion wee eck himself would be proud of! He has few serving members amongst his acolytes as well.

PS

So rUK payment please, to an rUK bank and taxed at an rUK rate. I will then have to live with the exchange rate issue and draw my own conclusions if remaining in Scotland is still viable.
That's a neat summary of my position...so it's not like we disagree on the important stuff