PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 19:49
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _Phoenix_
.. flight control system automatically “trims” the THS to max nose up.
Only in response to sustained human input.

The moment arm overcomes the elevator authority. The increased speed only serves to force the aircraft in a perpetum stall, like a dart plane, see pitch attitude graph
No it doesn't. If you find the relevant sections of the original threads, it's made clear that the elevators *always* have sufficient authority to override the THS, with the caveat that they must be held in that position to do so. The reason the Pitch Attitude graph looks like it does is because there was no sustained effort on the part of either PF or PNF to get the elevators to nose down and hold them there.

Originally Posted by Bpalmer
I contend they did exactly the stall recovery they were taught in their A320 checkout (the only time they practiced them) : apply TOGA power and minimize loss of altitude.
As you know, I've read your book and was very impressed by it - but I have to query your point here - at no point did any of the crew (including the Captain) acknowledge that they were stalled, verbally or otherwise. I contend that there was no procedure being followed - just almost random improvisation.