PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caring airline again!
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 19:13
Shutterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Soul Planet

Dude... seriously.... what's your problem? You're rooting for people to fail?
SMFH.

As to the SCMP.... here are the facts. Straight from the good doctor's mouth:

My name is David Monks and I was the doctor involved with the resuscitation and co-author of the British Medical Journal case report referenced in this article. I was extremely impressed with Cathay Pacific's handling of this situation. I gave Phila around 45 minutes of my time yesterday during which I explained, at length, how fortunate this patient was to have flown with CX on this occasion. I am disappointed to read that he only chose to include two brief and unrelated quotes.

The cabin staff are to be commended for recognising that the patient's worrying symptoms required urgent medical attention. Their excellent training and supply of emergency equipment is testament to how important they regard passenger safety. I was treated with the utmost respect and appreciation in the following days and weeks, receiving e-mails of gratitude from the pilot and other CX representatives. Their de-briefing procedures (in which I was involved), performed by an eminent professor in cardiology, were also exemplary.

Ramon and Ming, who were also involved with the resuscitation, were extremely frustrated with how they were misrepresented by the Toronto Star's articles. They also commended Cathay Pacific in the accounts that they provided. it is obvious that the reporter to whom they spoke had his own personal and sensationalist agenda.

Well done, Cathay Pacific. Keep up the good work!
Good job to all involved. This action has been the highlight of this mostly useless forum to-date. Good job gals and gents.