PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 777 Captains to 380 again
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 18:21
HarryDunne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The freighter is doing more US routes, that much is true. However it's not due to the A380 having to leave bags behind, this, as we all know, was a petty rumour started by some jealous chaps who no longer flew the shiniest jet. There are more freighter flights simply because the company are making huge profits from flying cargo around. They clearly prefer the 380 for flying people around these routes.

As for Mr Laker's suggestion that the pilots are 'odd' and the cabin crew have a day of training to address this, what a ridiculous statement. I hope this was an attempt at humour.

You see, the truth is, there are colleagues that we all find 'odd' from time to time. I am lucky to have been on the 330/340 which happens to suit my life outside of work. The pilots I work with are mostly a fantastic bunch and those I know on the 380 and 777 are all like the rest of us who just want a good flight with no paperwork to fill out when we land.

I'm aware there's courses starting this or maybe next month for us on the 'little bus' to go over to the 380, the list of interested candidates from the left seat is lengthy so I can't see why they would require Boeing pilots to ask the change.

Let's try and draw a line under the childish squabbling, you're just making yourselves look immature and not doing wonders for your blood pressure. Our employers clearly like the 777 and the 380 and what we think means nothing to them.

Good evening