PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Avios upgrade availability
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 17:47
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggest you try flyertalk a frequent flyer forum.
God no !

I've only been there a couple of times, its full of what can best be described as children moaning about their petty little problems with BA (e.g. no caviar, wrong type of wine, cabin crew not greeting appropriately for their card status, seeking compensation for petty little complaints ... the list goes on ).

The average person on FlyerTalk is not a frequent flyer, but a mile chaser .... the board prides itself on what they call "TP runs" (tier point runs in order to get higher status).... last time I was there there was a long running thread of a few hundred pages dedicated to people finding the routes with the lowest cost per tier point !

TightSlot previously summed Flyertalk up in alternative way :
The problem, I have found, is that the sense of self-importance of the various users frequently fails to match their actual importance to the airlines.

I have met a number of people who really max the miles. Adjectives that I would apply to them include - Courteous, Knowledgeable, Sanguine, Reticent and Unassuming. These are not the same adjectives that I would apply to a majority of the users on FlyerTalk.

In summary, don't waste your time on Flyertalk (or at least not the BA section of Flyertalk, the rest of the site may well be ok, but the BA sub-forum is to be avoided at all costs !).