PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13 Years ago this day -
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 15:48
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Was on a long leave at my parents house in between a posting from Saxa vord to Tidytoilet. Both my parents were at work and normally I would have switched the old analog sat TV on to CNN just to see what was going on while doing other things. On that day however I decided to sort out all of my stuff that I had in storage in their loft, so it wasn't until My mother got home from work at around 4.30PM UK time and told me that everybody in Woolworths were talking about a major terrorist attack on New York, that we turned the TV on and just happened to catch a recap of the events from just before the second impact happened. When my mother asked me 'who do you think did it', my reply...

1. A bunch of Islamists known as Al-Qaeda...
2. .....lead by a guy called Osama Bin Laden...
3. ....And there is going to be a major war in Afghanistan, which the UK will be involved in'.

20 days later arrived on the bus at Tidytoilet to see a mission statement on the entrance sign saying 'The role of this station is train Aerospace System Operators for deployed operations'. I turned around to a RAAF Sgt who I'd met at Saxa while he was up there as part of 'Longlook' and said, 'that sign will be changing to defend UK airspace in very short order', which it in fact it did.