PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leicester training org and very well respected FI (E) part company
Old 11th Sep 2014, 13:16
wickednorthernwitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil No surprise there

If you have ever had any dealings with this company then it should not come as any surprise as they would argue over 2 minutes flying time. I know someone that has recently retired from the company, he retired before his 60th birthday because he refused to fly all daylight hours regardless of weather/serviceability (the "customer" sent out an email and this was backed up by the "company" and the pilots were there were told to do as instructed or they would be replaced. I still have said emails). Fortunately the person I know was not under any personal financial pressure so would only fly if circumstance were right. I wanted to send the emails to the press but I was asked not to but if there were to be a subsequent board of inquiry they would make interesting reading.

During his time with the company there were many arguments over what the company would pay for and very cleverly they never put the "agreement" in writing. Over the course of his time with the company he was not paid multiple thousands of pounds for hours flown. The company billed the customer for ALL hours flown and they expected the pilot to fly 7 hours but only paid them for 5 hours gaining the company up to £100 per day per pilot.

I could go on and on and I frequently do!

I can also obtain documentary evidence to back up what I have said if the need ever arises that I am required to prove my case and I would be happy to do so.

Is it a surprise to me that the company is rumoured to be arguing over money? NO!!! It is a surprise though that the rumour has been made public as the company had a policy that the pilots were not allowed to discuss their pay even with each other.