PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Offloaded passengers
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2014, 10:51
ianjlloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offloaded passengers

I was on the last flight from Heathrow to Glasgow last night. At the gate area it was clear that one passenger was not in a good state. Not rowdy (and closer to 60 years old than 20) but incapable of walking in anything like a straight line. He was with a woman who generally seemed to be able to keep him under control.

Rather to my surprise he was allowed to board but almost immediately the Captain appeared in the cabin and next minute he and his partner were leaving the plane. Cue a 30 minute delay whilst their bags were found and taken off.

Idle curiosity perhaps, and I suspect different airlines may have different policies, but I wondered where the responsibility lies between gate staff and flight crew in a case like this. I suspect there must have been some communication. Again what would happen to the passenger? Presumably pay an arm and a leg for an hotel and come back in the morning and pay for a new ticket?

Very sad. I suspect the person would have been likely to have slept through the journey but the plane was packed and I would not have been keen to be the other passenger in his row.