PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2014, 18:39
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lonewolf_50;

I read but rarely enter something these days LW. The episode of the disappearing posts on R&N set my sails. However, I'm aware that others may be reading the AF447 work anew and I think a reminder of the significant effort put in by many, many contributors on "The AF447 Threads" is worth it as it is a veritable gold-mine of thinking and research if read with care, knowledge and an open mind.

I should point out for those looking to examine these threads the importance of the first post in almost all of the them. JT has done us all a favour and very kindly constructed and provided links to all the threads - I'll pick page one of the eleventh thread just as an example. One can search the entire PPRuNe archive using the simple search tools which JT and another prescient poster have provided us.

Insofar as "corrections" go, well, it's always a discussion and never a persuasion as far as I'm concerned because we weren't there an have only a tiny flashlight in a very large room that has tons of evidence upon which we simply cannot shine our little light. We can only make sense of the minute traces of the accident and take thinking as far as reasonableness and logic permit.

As far as court cases go and blame etc., I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. Though it understandably exists, that arena is a very foreign and hostile world to a flight safety person.