PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 10th Sep 2014, 14:09
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading your posts I am yet again struck by how out of touch so many of you are with what exactly is going on up here.

I live in Scotland, I work in Scotland and I climb mountains in Scotland...I meet many, many Scots from all walks of life and most/many of them are voting yes, despite the fact they dislike Salmond as much as we (the English do). It is not about Salmond and the SNP FFS!

It is about democracy. Thatcher taught Scotland to loathe the Conservative Party. They (the jocks) want to be governed by people they elect...not by people somebody else elects. Most of them are well aware there are huge risks...but they are risks they are willing to take to take democracy forward. For anybody who has fought for freedom and democracy, that is tough argument to counter with any degree of integrity.

If it was not for the older generation of no voting Scots, this referendum would be a forgone conclusion.

PS

I think they are wrong...but purely because I am not, and never have been, and idealist and a lot of this chimes too much with idealism in my book. But that does not mean I don't respect their point of view.