PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado GR1 ZA610
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2014, 08:04
paulilf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for late replies

Well thank you for the replies so far and yes my posts are not showing up as fast as I would hope in response to replies.
[Ogre] I have to go with your superior knowledge when you are talking about radioactivity. And you may have hit the nail on the head with you explanation, I still do not understand why other boats in the immediate area were not asked to discard there catch also. And as stated by [Tiger mate] There were no H&S 'warnings issued'
I am not expecting definitive answers to this as memories of 1985 will be somewhat vague.
But there is still the News paper report of the day that states a second body was found 36 miles to the east with an ejector seat. Found by a Dutch Trawler. However it says that body was not the pilot, that in itself is a mystery. But not created by me.
The East Yorkshire trawler was the first vessel to locate the Tornado and I have a first hand taped account from the man who found it. And it is the words, from his mouth that talk about radioactivity. Not conspiracy theories. Words from the man who was there on that day. This trawler man assisted an RAF guy with the body. And it was the trawler that took the body back to Bridlington as they were told the RAF vessel had no mortuary facilities on board. Once back in Bridlington the body was flash frozen and placed in a stainless steel coffin. This is probabley standard procedure, I don't know. I am speaking to a second crew member later in the week who has a letter of thanks from the Navigators wife for his help. I am sure that if I was making this story up certain points that I have made in my replies could be checked.
[Tiger mate] You say that a Sea King from Boulmer to search for the Tornado. Do you think they would have records from 1985 that may contain information about the Dutch Trawler and the second body. I would have thought that all information regarding the crash would have been documented at the time.
As I said in my first post there still more but out of respect for the families and men involved I will not post on here. I am willing to speak via phone or other if anyone wanted to.
Regards Paul