PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, more demand for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2014, 06:41
737 Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt many Pilots leave Ryanair because of the money. Whichever contract you're on, it's not that bad. Sure, they are way behind the competition now, especially in terms of basic salary, but rest assured that it is down to things such as treating their workforce with contempt, and a lack of professional/human respect, that make most Pilots & Cabin Crew leave. There is no fair and transparent basing policy, and annual leave, or should I say, "days of unavailability" allocation is a joke. The much revered 5/4 fixed pattern is good, if you're in the right base. Otherwise you will soon find yourself shattered, commuting during your own days off, in great discomfort, around their network of 67 bases, in uniform (which you have paid for), being treated like a second class citizen, by some Nazi-style cabin chief.

Their arrogance and stupidity is breath-taking, and it has been a pleasure to watch them struggling to run their 2014 summer schedule, and even more heartening to hear how much they are spending each day on wet leasing. Sadly, their hard nosed, dictatorial, hatchet men at the top, will simply not change their ways, and that is the problem.

All in my own humble opinion of course.