PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th May 2003, 12:13
eightway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The starting salary for EK is jsut under 17,000 dirhams a month. Convert to your own currency. The company is great to work for. If you have a command already and take the plunge. Providing you have over 6,000 hours, you will have your command inside 3 years. There are guys who have been in EK for just over a year on their command courses now. You can choose your work, the 777 goes more far east and the 330 goes more europe. Thats just rule of thumb but changes as with most things. You will fly about 750 hours a year give or take 50 hours.

The interview is what I would call a do or die. You get one shot at it. Just be yourself and enjoy it. You have to want to come here. Remember Dubai, the lifestyle and the job does not suit everyone. If you want to come here to see what its like do it. But dont try to get a few days in the sun whilst on the interview. You will waste your time and everyone elses. If you like the local pub in a village and are a true anglophile this is not really the place for you. I gave up a command to come here with a perfectly good company. I dont regret it for one second. But then that is me.

Good luck.