PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chucking it in
Thread: Chucking it in
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 11:30
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pilotchute how dare you have a different opinion to the masses! (You rude bugger).

I'd consider that I've "made it". I make reasonably good money (I'm not wealthy) and I fly something that's big and powerful. However I'm not one for sugar coating. Hence I say "if I had my time over or if I was in GA etc" I'd be choosing an alternate career. All is good and well greasing a max crosswind landing or listening to the brutal roar after pressing the TOGA switch but when it comes to setting up a family, buying a house and feeding little ones this isn't a very smart option. Pity I didn't think of that when I left school!

With the stroke of pen gone is your medical and just as quickly a company can close and your skills are near worthless. I know from experience!! Not fun.

Now I'm not going to simply leave because I don't privately fly, paint airplane models in my spare time or have some sort of romantic Leonardo Di Caprio vision of my job. I'm going to do it as professionally as I possibly can until I have enough money to retire (be it early or not) and then quietly hand my stuff back.

Each to their own.