PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, more demand for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2014, 09:45
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also fly with ex RYR flightcrew. And to suggest RYR are disorganised would seem, from what I am told, is grossly incorrect. The stories I hear are of a very organised company with a very high standard of training.

However it is difficult to argue against the comment about the damage to the career in general terms. There is no doubt terms and conditions would be much better for all, and the future more stable without RYR and their main competitor the Orange outfit tucked neatly in RYR' slipstream.

It is essential to research an opportunity with one of the Locos to the full. Certainly give extra attention to the potential for burn out over several years and the effect these airlines are having on the whole UK industry.

Working for the Locos does have its good points, but I guess the recent news about Monarch, and more specifically the potential change for the crews there could be a good starting point for an overall analysis of the industry and the relative strong points of a particular type of airline to the next ...

Just my two pennorth'