PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is GA turning around?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 22:57
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
I am not associated with this employer and I don't know anyone applying for the position, but just a couple of thoughts from a Chief Pilot/employer perspective:

1/. If these guys are going to work remotely with minimal supervision you want switched on, motivated people. A CPL is not proof of that.

2/. This is a first job or a nearly-first job and only the biggest fwits have been filtered out at that level, usually at the flight training stage. There will be plenty of sub-optimal candidates amongst the applicants looking to get their first job.

2a/. There would also be people applying from the next level of experience with more hours and I bet they have only worked for each previous employer only 3-6 months and they're not listing their previous chief pilots as referees.

3/. A big pool of candidates provides an opportunity to select those with the best hours, best references, AND do a decent interview to filter out fwits. Persons in 2a have already been filtered by previous employers.

It might be "only a C206 job" but for that employer it is an important contract and represents an opportunity for the wrong candidate to ruin the company's reputation or destroy morale amongst their team.

Best of luck to all the candidates.