PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Auster,Champ,Taylorcraft pa-15 or similar???
Old 8th Sep 2014, 21:56
ecosse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auster,Champ,Taylorcraft pa-15 or similar???

Hi there i am looking for a permit aircraft similar to those mentioned above.

I will be maintaining the a/c my self hence the LAA Permit type.

I am 6"2 and around 90kg which may Limit my choices.

I will be operating from grass strip (strathaven hopefully) where i am currently doing my NPPL(M) I hope to do a conversion once my licence is obtained, and operate and fly something similar to those mentioned,

I would ideally like it to run on MOGAS if possible?

something with good STOL as i may be going into some small air strips due to fuel/weight/slow flying limitations?

I do plan in going 2 up as i don't like getting to lonely so this to may limit the plan somewhat

I am looking for some suggestions to help narrow my choices, I am open to low wing aircraft suggestions too.

Look forward to any suggestions, also wouldn't mind going to see a few of these type of aircraft if anyone in scotland has anything i would be interested in paying for some fuel and get taken for a spin.

ohh and my dream a/c was a piper cub, but i have realised there are aircraft 15k cheaper with similar, sometimes better specs, something around 15k would be good and i'm sure i could find say a champ at that price in better condition than a 25k cub?

so my budget is around the 15k mark, any suggestions please put them on a post card