PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quoting previous comments of others on PPRuNe
Old 8th Sep 2014, 13:50
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you click on "reply" and the reply message box appears - if you just hold your mouse cursor over the little symbols at the top of the box, a description of what each one does, appears.

In the case of the square "speech balloon" symbol (to the left of the hash symbol), the message revealed when you hold the cursor over it, is "Wrap [ QUOTE ] tags around selected text".

I highlight and copy the required text to be quoted, open the reply message box, place the cursor on the speech balloon icon, and left click on the icon (which then gives me [ QUOTE ][ /QUOTE ] on the top left of the page).

The cursor is already in the centre of the quote tags when I do this - so I then just hit CTRL and V keys. This is easy enough to do with two fingers (or finger and thumb) of your left hand.
This pastes the copied text in between the quote tags, and I'm right to go.

If you require the quote to indicate the specific person it came from (for clarity), then just type a "=" sign, and the persons username, with quotation marks, in between the E and the "]" sign on the [ QUOTE ] tag.

Last edited by onetrack; 8th Sep 2014 at 14:01.