PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander Spry
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 11:41
Madbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Clues?

Dear Wing Commander Spry

I, and no doubt countless others in the RAF and on PPRuNe, are wondering if Air Clues is ever to appear again.

Personally speaking I found it to be an excellent medium for communicating the Flight Safety message to all, both aircrew and non-aircrew alike. It would be a shame if it were to be scrapped as the message is even more significant today as whilst a single loss is the same as it ever was, as a percentage of what we have left today it is of even greater importance......prevention is always better than cure!

I appreciate manpower is tight but it's not as though you are having to produce a monthly publication; that was sacrificed a long time ago.

I am sure that there is still plenty of material to fill all your column inches and a bi-annual/quarterly publication cycle should be achievable even with diminished resources in your office. Being cynical however (not normally in my nature) I might be tempted to say that the MoD/MAAS/MAAIB are afraid to revealing themselves in print or to invite (from the readership) comments which might expose fleet airworthiness/management short-comings.

Maybe Tuc and others on PPRuNe could be asked to offer articles/comment for publication?

I look forward to seeing a Christmas bumper issue!

Yours sincerely

MB