PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 11:37
Barling Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet will only advertise growth, not decline. Mind you, if I think back just three years or so I would have hardly believed that easyJet would base three aircarft at SEN....

Nonetheless, it's strange why they should give up routes with very high load factors like SEN to Krakow. Presumably some greater strategy at work.

It's also strange why Stobart Air haven't leapt onto the Edinburgh route abandoned by EZY which had shown consistent demand (although not enough for an A319) and would suit an ATR or Dash-8 remarkably well. The Belfast route also.

I'll bet I'm totally off beam here, but I can't help wondering whether the 10-year contract between SEN (Stobart) and EZY had some kind of increase in fees included in it from the airport after 2 years of operation, maybe a small increase year-on-year from, presumably, a very low base in year 1..... that would make SEN less attractive to EZY, but Stobart had assumed that other operators would soon follow once EZY had signed on the dotted line.....