PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garmin 695/696
Thread: Garmin 695/696
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 11:21
JTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still having problems...

Sorry to resurrect this one, but I'm hoping to learn from others' misfortunes rather than having to go through them all myself.

I bit the bullet last week and bought a 695, intending to put the VFR Jepp plates (Sierra) edition onto it. I (think I) bought all the right things - unlock key from Garmin, subscription from Jepp etc. I think I also followed the process correctly, used JSUM to download to SD card then install using the SD card. The end result was - nothing! I have the plates on my iPad, but not on my 695.

I called Jepp support. They used my username and password and came up with the same problem as I did. The issue, it seemed, was missing source files. They set me up an IFR subscription that they said should cure the problem - I now have very nice IFR approach plates on the 695 that I can't use as I am strictly VFR only, but no VFR plates.

Has anyone been through this recently? Have I missed something? I've emailed Jepp, but they haven't come back to me. Grateful for any assistance the forum can give.