PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 08:49
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny:-
"They did things with Style in those days".
I have been trying to think of an appropriate summary for the detailed and revealing posts with which you have captivated everyone, now that you have revealed to us that your story is coming to a conclusion.

As usual you have preempted me, Danny, for nothing else could say it better. Your amazing feats of memory, whether it be to describe items of kit issued you over three quarters of a century ago, or questions asked of you more recently at interview (well over a third of a century since), your ability to express those recollections in such lucid and entertaining ways, your patience with those such as I requiring you to dot i's and cross t's that you answer as though they be the most pertinent and incisive points possible, all that is style. Style in abundance!

Thank you for it all and the more yet to come. As they say in show business, you will be a hard act to follow. We have prematurely anticipated the end of this thread before, so I for one shall not do so now, but I do hope that even now someone else is preparing to don the mantle of writer in residence when you shed it for the distinguished and revered one of scribus emeritus (you'll put me right on that one I hope!).