PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Northern Scotland
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2014, 06:08
jbartner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russ-
I have narrowed my choice to Inverness because of the beautiful scenery, good reputation, and from what I have read there is a local micro-climate that has generally better weather than most other parts of the UK during March. I know it is impossible to predict the weather six months from now- It will be a gamble anywhere in the UK.
I would rather not get trained at a Italian flight school. I have visited my two closest flight schools and through my research I have found them to be very expensive and run in a very typical Italian fashion (never return phone calls or email, and generally not interested when I came by for a visit to speak with someone). I love Italy and they are great people, however I have a short window to get my PPL and after 7 years here in Italy I have learned that nothing here happens quickly.
Southern Spain is another option with a better chance of good weather which I am looking into as well. Inverness was not even on my radar until I read a post in this forum. If there are other suggestions for flight schools in Europe for a fast PPL with quality instructors I am all ears.
Thanks for all your replies
Jason