PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 23:33
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 438 Likes on 231 Posts
Someone? Personal grudge? Personal agenda?

The Scottish National Party has been in existence for more than 80 years, has consistently campaigned for Scottish independence and is the largest political party in Scotland in terms of membership. The primary reason it has taken so long to get to this point is that, for decades, it was impossible to break the Labour strongholds in Scotland. There was once a suggestion that money could be saved by weighing votes in Scotland instead of the pointless exercise of counting them.
FL, I said orchestrated, rather as in the man waving the baton. Did you not see the recent "debate" (debacle) between Alistair Darling and Alex Salmond? The latter seemed to provide no proper answer for any of the questions put to him by either Darling or the "No" voters or "undecided". He either didn't know the answer, or didn't want to give it. All he could do was repeat his non-committal statements time after time.

As I am not of Scottish descent (or Welsh, for that matter) I don't really care whether they stay as part of UK or not. I just don't want to have to bail them out if it all goes pear shaped.

I'm fully aware that the SNP goes back a long way. It might be worth considering why those voting for the Labour party didn't vote for them instead in the past (the SNP). It might have something to do with jobs..