PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 22:07
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
The trouble is that the great Scottish unwashed have turned their backs on Labour and are now listening to Wee-Eck instead. My brother in law, a proud Scot, has already transferred all his financial assets out of Scotland - he has 7 figures+ to ship out and all his local business mates have done this as well. He has a plan to sell his 4 businesses for next-to-nothing just to get out of Dodge and has sold 2 of his 3 properties in Scotland already. He fears that if 'yes' don't win this time, then they will keep chipping away at it until they do.

So what is going to be left in Scotland if it goes to 'yes' - lots of these...

The rest of the UK's GDP will instantly rise by ~£120 per head, Scotland's finances will collapse (a great opportunity for the Rest of the UK to invest!), the people of Orkney & Shetland will seek 'self determination' as part of the Rest of the UK (they are staunch 'no' voters) and it will set it up like the Isle of Mann with oil reserves. This will leave the great Scottish unwashed wallowing in their own mess and then they will start to migrate to the Rest of the UK's benefit system as Wee-Eck's money runs out. The Tories will get another term in 2015 as Labour instantly lose 47 seats and the Lib Dems a further 11. Bonnie Scotland's cities becoming economic wastelands, the Highlands being largely unaffected and what has this got to do with Mil Aviation? Well I predict significant unrest in Scotland once the honeymoon of a potential 'yes' vote has won - not quite civil war, but not far off. It might also spark off Northern Ireland again as well. So I suspect that some of our Mil Aviation might be coming home from the great big sandpits of the world to look after our interests for a bit...

...here's hoping I am wrong!

LJ