PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 7th Sep 2014, 19:51
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ksimboy,

These was always a bit of fun to be had. Loadies with hammocks though ? I thought they were the preserve of the GE, after all, in my day we never qualified for any extra pay for working whilst airborne (as opposed to the FART (Flying Airborne Radar Technician) employed on the Sentry). And of course, it was our sworn duty to keep ourselves in peak condition to manage the stretchy soup and max anchovy pizza at "Vera's" (Pizza delight Gander). On a very long transit though, I did lend my hammock to our Co, who was in need of a couple of hours. The Loadie, sensibly, opted for a sleeping bag on the para seats. After around 4 hours making tea and coffee for the front end, I went to see if the "real crew" wanted to get back to work, to find the Co, curled up in my maggot at the foot of the ramp. He informed me that the third time he fell out of the hammock he had decided the floor was more comfortable.

You must have some good pictures to post on here mate, you're not old enough to have lost them. Hope you are well.

Smudge