PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2014, 17:21
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmaviscount

I've been retired ('JJ ATC) for 7 years, so things may have changed - but I doubt it.
The routeing for 'JB inbounds from G27 (EGLC) should continue as per the GUR 3C STAR ie BEVAV OYSTA GUR 09/27. ie South & West of Jersey then to GUR.
It should be appreciated that most of 'JJ & JB's tfc. (I/B & O/B) comes from/goes to the North, therefore South of the field is less conflicting, not the least reason being the extra amount of airspace available to the APP controller for vectoring.
Additionally, most of the traffic from & to the South of 'JB is inter island & almost never above 3000 ft ('JJ is similar - but no I/I. Therefore, tfc South of the field can be safely descended to 4000 ft. QNH on the STAR without conflicting with the Southerly GUR SIDS, which climb to 3000 to the South. If there are no Southerly STARS at the time, the I/Bs can be descended to 3000 ft. against Inter/Island tfc at 2000 ft.
There is, therefore, no reason for JB APP to vector the a/c North of the field, since they are coming from the South.
If the G3C s are taken to the North of the field, they would conflict with ORTAC & SKERY arrivals & SIDS climbing to FL40 to the North of GUR.
However, if EGJJ Zone get the a/c from Brest early enough, & there is no conflicting traffic, 'JJ may offer the I/B aircraft a direct routing to GUR (North of JEY) & liaise with JB APP before releasing it to them.
In certain circumstances (fairly rare, this might enable the JB APP to vector the aircraft to the North of GUR - although I can't imagine WHY he should do so !