PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 13:02
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
melmothw,

Once again you seem to read things into peoples comments that are not actually there. I am not trying to shout you down, and while my likely voting preference may be obvious, I am not aware of anything I have written on here that deliberately seeks to persuade people to vote one way or another. I was not aware of being on a soapbox.

My interest is simply in the situation regarding veterans pensions in a post independent Scotland.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Is one persons opinion worth more than anothers? Actually I'd say yes to that question. As just a couple of examples, the use of "expert" witnesses in court cases, Courtney Mil's opinion on fighter operations would be worth more than mine. Your opinion (whether it be yes or no) would appear not to based on direct experience of events on the ground in Scotland. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that my opinion is worth more than yours - just that not all opinions are equal. I'm sorry if you disagree with that, or feel I'm shouting you down, but it's my opinion...which no doubt under your values you have to at least respect if not agree with?

Yes, as a UK citizen you will be effected by the outcome, which seems somewhat ironic as not all UK citizens have a say in the matter, but nowhere near as much as someone living in Scotland.

Tone is often difficult to read in posts such as this, if you think I'm coming over as aggressive, shouting you down, disregarding your opinion, I can do nothing other than apologize. All I can say is that I'm trying to relate how this all feels to someone actually caught up in the heart of it to the extent that it dominates everything else and results in you facing potentially life changing decisions.