PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2014, 12:04
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
The telegraph article of today: Virgin?s Little Red flies 60pc empty - Telegraph speaks of the well known problems and speaks of improvements they ware looking for but NO mention of 'being closed down'. So I suggest that you review your comments.

In my view, the problems here date from the unwilling approach of Sir Michael Bishop to go into parternship with BMI. This ultimately led his airline falling into the hands of the very company he strove so long to avoid, BA.

Friends going to CPT in October bemoaned that they had 'Hobson's Choice' going BA. Since BA are running a 744 every day and a further x3 777 rotations - you gotta think there is spare capacity. Now, I do understand the problems of doing business in South Africa but if they are still having ticket fraud that is their fault.

I agree with all of Omnipresent's comments, as VS has been my first choice for long haul for 25 years but I am also one of those who has been talking of the inevitable reduction in carriers and their concentration into a few mega-companies who will use various brands to operate the routes. The top companies are: OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star Alliance.

Also, if you do biz with the Americans - they are going to focus on America. Eventhough the focus is now on the Middle and Far East. The big era of America and Europe is past it's peak. In the same way that SMB held out against a logical partnership with SRB, the long discussed deal with Singapore should probably have been done. that would have placed the balanceweight in the right place for the 21st Century. Such is the history of big business.