PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 11:59
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
melmothw,

You say you are not Scottish, nor do you live in Scotland, so I can only assume (quite possibly incorrectly) that this subject is of passing academic or social interest to you, along with other national and world events. You certainly seem very vocal on the matter for someone not directly involved.

However, there are people posting on this thread who are currently living through this situation in Scotland, experiencing increasing social unrest, intimidation and discrimination on a daily basis. Maybe you know people who would consider selling their house, possibly at a loss, giving up their jobs, changing their children to a different education system by moving to a different country, all on a whim, or a fit of pique because they lost a vote or don't like a political leader - I don't. The people I know who would consider such actions would only do so after considerable thought, and only if they felt deep genuine concerns over the future for themselves and their loved ones.

Last edited by Biggus; 7th Sep 2014 at 12:10.