PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 10:30
McGoonagall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late to this but i am a veteran living in Scotland and recently medically retired early from the railway. I have always, despite working in London, spent as much as I could on local services and local shops to support the local community. That community is now split along the Yes/No debate. Friends and family are being divided and there has been vandalism of cars and properties that display favours for both sides. There has also been an increase in casual violence. Salmond, if he gets his way, will inherit a divided nation. Divisions that will take generations to heal, if ever.

This has pissed me off so much I am now in Spain in the process of buying a business and re-locating here with my family. So, the community will lose a net contributor. No big deal if it is just one but many in the area that work over the border are seriously considering moving into England for peace of mind over taxation, pensions, currency etc.

A united independent nation Alec? You are having a bubble.