PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying IFR in Canada Questions
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2014, 09:52
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks India Actually totally out of Dick Smith Electronics since 1983- some 31 years ago. All informed people know I have no involvement so I get a bit fed up when some twit brings up something completely innacurate and irrellevent to the issue of the thread

Especially when it is done anonymously.

I reckon Canada has some excellent practices which lead the world and I wish to come up to speed again.

One is the potential to enter IMC in class G by simply making an annoucement .

In Australia the pilot must file a full flight plan and this is normally required with enough advance notice so the plan can be entered int the FDP system.

Even in the USA where most IFR is in a minimum of class E controlled airspace there are simple direct procedures for a VFR aircraft to enter IMC under certain circumstances without pre filing a detailed IFR plan.

Any of my success in business has come from looking around the world and copying the best and then incorporating it with what I already do OK.

If that happened in Australian aviation we would become leaders in the world in flight training and recreational aviation- then again not a great idea to mention on the Canadian site as that's what they may want to be -and good on them!

Last edited by Dick Smith; 9th Sep 2014 at 01:32.