PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 07:06
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the original question pertains exactly to me - and having seen this morning's poll - I'll answer the question as asked, and without any yes/no spraff.

I'm a veteran (27 years in) so I get a pension, which is pretty profoundly important to me, thus any decision I make will depend on:

a. Tax issues.
b. Who is going to pay my pension and with what.

I'm English, but I could not give a flying goat about nationality/identity stuff like that, providing I get to live in a democratically free & just country.

All that pension and tax stuff will be sorted between Sept 2014 and March 2016 (the nominal date of independence). In true, time-honoured TOFO fashion, I will be keeping up to date with every titbit and morsel of information as it unfolds, using all available means, with the sole purpose of making an informed choice well in advance of any deadlines.

Since I already own property north and south of the border, I'll end up living wherever I ****ing well choose. Who knows...I might end up a tax free expat of no fixed abode.