PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 7th Sep 2014, 07:06
longer ron

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
One of the complications might be is that at the moment we are all 'British' but if the vote goes to the separatists and the Union is split up then presumably the people in Scotland (ie permanent residents etc) will have to choose between being 'Scottish' or being 'British' in the new not so Great Britain !

I doubt that the British Government will have a problem paying pensions to ex servicemen in scotland but I doubt Salmond would want them to have that 'power'.

LR - proud to be called a 'Porridge W*g'

As an aside - this vote is the most divisive/potentially catastrophic vote I can remember since we voted to join the 'Common Market' way back in 1974 .
I have been talking to some extremely worried folk north of the border - anybody with a reasonable IQ can see the huge potential risks.
Also on the other side of the 'coin' - as a taxpayer - this has already cost us a fortune - it will cost another fortune to 'organise' the break up and then yet another fortune to bail them out when it all goes 'Ti ts Up'