PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 6th Sep 2014, 18:54
dagenham

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
How's this for ****s and giggles ... But also a pensioner my self but down Sarf

1. In all likelihood the arrangements will stand as the agreement is with country of which you served. Pension gets paid irrespective of where you live to a degree

2. How the scottish government treat the income for taxable purpose is another issue. That will be decided by the mandate of who the Scottish electorate elect

3.All bets are potentially off as The biggest issue will be currency arrangements. Even if sterling is used that does not protect the spending power of your payments. Especially if the snap keep talking about walking away from debt! They can forget having any borrowing power

I am getting a bad feeling about the way this is going and I do hope we all stay together. I don't think the challenge about oil running out is the big issue. The size of the Scottish elderly population, the fact that Scotland still imports most of its electricity from England etc etc all bode ill for life after independence.

I do hope whatever happens your pensions are safe.. Too hard won not to be !