PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me!
Thread: Help me!
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2014, 17:42
StarFire19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me!

Hi there, I got directed to this forum from another forum after I asked if anyone who was or knew someone who was/had been a flight attendant could give me some tips on how to get started.

Recently I've been thinking that it's what I want to do. Before anyone says it's not all 'glamour' - I completely understand that, and a friend told me that naturally you have to start right at the bottom if you want to go anywhere with a career such as this one. AND I also know that as I'm only 19 I probably wouldn't be employed anyway, as you have to be 21 IIRC?

Basically I have no idea what I have to do. Doing a course in Travel & Tourism crossed my mind obviously but at this stage it's a little late to apply for any college courses where I live. Is it essential that you do a college or university course to do Flight Attending?

Also, would the fact that I'm planning to learn German & Spanish mean anything? would it help me if I were to apply for a job as a Flight Attendant?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

(I just read that this is a forum for professionals... I hope I'm actually allowed to post in here )