PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - training duration comparison
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2014, 13:55
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arpan_G:

I understand your desire to become a pilot and that you are highly motivated no matter what other people tell you! This is on one hand good, but on the other hand it could end in a great and quite expensive disappointment! And you wouldn't be the first and only one ending up in a dead-end-road.

Don't get me wrong on this, but "gear up job" is absolutely right! It's quite obvious that you're a novice to aviation and that you need to do your homework, because some of your questions have been asked many times before here on the forum. I somehow have the impression that the answers you've received so far don't meet your expectations and you simply keep on asking until you get the answer you wish to hear.

You already received some really good advice from peolpe with a lot of experience in aviation, from which you can benefit and find the best possible approach to your endeavor. For instance "cyrilroy21" provided some excellent advice and it's obvious that he knows the Indian system and Job market situation very well, it would be irresponsible to disregard his information. But there are also other people here who know the aviation business very well and they also gave you some pretty good advice!

Regarding your above post, 1500 hr have absolutely nothing to do with airline requirements, this refers to the hour requirements for the ATP license.

Take a look at the following link: Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically all you need to fly commercially or for an Airline is a CPL/IR and usually a multi-engine rating (AMEL).

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 6th Sep 2014 at 22:12.