PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans planning to leave Scotland in the event of a yes vote?
Old 6th Sep 2014, 13:33
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is a positive vote.....

.....I will seriously consider moving south.

The deterrents are how much will I get for my nice house here and what will that buy me south of the border?? Not a lot I suspect.

The airy-fairyness of the arrangements for my service pension give me cause for concern. Will the annual increases continue?? How will my pension be taxed?

Above all I do not want to see the UK broken up to satisfy the ego of a man I consider a chancer. As a Scot through and through what has appalled me has been the anti-Englishness of the campaign and the serious nastiness of the Yes side. An associate of mine in a charity I'm involved in put a NO sticker in the back window of his car on Monday and that night had nails driven into his back tyres. The acrimony generated will take a long time to dissipate.

And of course last night Nicola Sturgeon said that if it was a NO vote they will hold another referendum within five years. Keep plugging at until the stupid voters cast their ballots the "right" way.
"Aye that'll be right as they say in her part of Scotland.

The Ancient Mariner